Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice Avatar von eternalxardas

eternalxardas ist offline

Animation stuff

Question about animation in Gothic 1.

Is it possible to reuse men animations to women? I mean to make a woman pick up objects and fight etc. (using original female body, not male retextured)

I was thinking that if I register babe meshes into Humans.mds
    I could do the trick. But I find no way to compile .mds files...

Is it possible?

Thanks.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    A quick topic search is your friend . Just something to bear in mind in the future. Anyway, you will need to create .asc files specific to the anim you want to use with the babe meshes. It may be possible to export an existing animation and use it with the babe mesh, but I've never tried it myself.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

Really?!

Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    A quick topic search is your friend . Just something to bear in mind in the future. Anyway, you will need to create .asc files specific to the anim you want to use with the babe meshes. It may be possible to export an existing animation and use it with the babe mesh, but I've never tried it myself.
    Trust me, my search was not "quick"...
    I've been through animation tutorials, even translated stuff from german and russian and nothing had to do with my question! NOWHERE is a similar problem!

Let this thread be one for animation problems so people like me could easier get some answers in the future. (That unless some high-ranked monkey-lizards find their canonicals tarnished along the way...)

I know of asc. files already! And my question was this:

Is it possible (Yes or No -- in terms of: Yes = yes, they do work; No = no, they don't work) to reuse the animations defined for men... to reuse them for women, registering the babe meshes in Humans. mds and then compiling??? I mean compiling the new file Humans.mds with the slight modification of babe meshes included... ...

I would also like to know: what are the programs needed? I guess Sourcer is one of them...

(Just thinking for myself: Women of Gothic are whores, slaves of their lords, slaves of their husbands... At best they are crazed witches or bandits...
    Misogynists...)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von eternalxardas Beitrag anzeigen
    Trust me, my search was not "quick"...
    I've been through animation tutorials, even translated stuff from german and russian and nothing had to do with my question! NOWHERE is a similar problem!
    Really. Try looking through info, if you can read it and understand it, you can apply it to many things, tutorials aren't usually meant to deal with every possible situation or aspect.

Let this thread be one for animation problems so people like me could easier get some answers in the future. (That unless some high-ranked monkey-lizards find their canonicals tarnished along the way...)
    Ok?

I know of asc. files already! And my question was this:

Is it possible (Yes or No -- in terms of: Yes = yes, they do work; No = no, they don't work) to reuse the animations defined for men... to reuse them for women, registering the babe meshes in Humans. mds and then compiling??? I mean compiling the new file Humans.mds with the slight modification of babe meshes included... ...
    I suggest you actually try it out, especially if you already know about .asc files.

I would also like to know: what are the programs needed? I guess Sourcer is one of them...
    Sourcer can be used to decompile the Anis, .mds scripts are automatically loaded by the game afaik.

(Just thinking for myself: Women of Gothic are whores, slaves of their lords, slaves of their husbands... At best they are crazed witches or bandits...
    Misogynists...)
    Mhmm.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

A Sourcer problem

(sigh) When I first started this quest, I had hoped things will not get that thicket... I've been dealing with mods before with other games and even then I've lost entire days trying to figure out one small thing or another... If it goes on like this I'll have to find an elixir of long life somewhere...

I've tried on my own to register babe meshes in Humans.mds and compile them to Humans.mdh with Sourcer. The idea being to reuse the animations of men to women, so I shouldn't "re-invent the wheel", you know... But I could not do that, because, through others, similar uses of let's say -- "zs_Righthand"... ugh, that means registering both meshes in the same files doesn't work.

That leaves us with two choices:

1. Either create new animations for women from scratch, using a 3d modelling program... rather tedious task (although it has its advantages in finding quite new, original animations)...

2. Create a new armor from Bab_Body_Naked0.3ds and, considering heads can be changed no problem...
    That leads again to compiling stuff with Sourcer; again, an .asc file where dear-dear Sourcer v. 3_10 simply crashes to Windows while trying to load it...

Is there a better, errorless Sourcer linkable version somewhere?!

I think 2. would be an easier way to realize what I want. Of course, creating animations from scratch is another story, found on special forums...

Please, help with any suggestion. Beside these 2, are there others, simpler ones? Thank you again for your patience.

At least I hope some stuff has become more clear now for those of you with similar encounters...

EDIT: IMPORTANT!!!

1. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not possible to register babe meshes from BABE.mds into HUMANS.mds and compile the whole new HUMANS.mds in hope of using men animations (picking up objects, fighting animations etc), already defined, to women.

Why? Simply because the 3ds body mesh, in both cases -- man and woman, uses the same rigging (don't know much about rigging stuff, but it's about body parts defined as bones). For example, Bip01 R Forearm defines the exactly same body part for both meshes (Hum_Body_Naked0 and Bab_Body_Naked0). In this case, Sourcer gives errors like "similar uses of Bip01...".
    My conclusion: It's not possible registering 2 mesh and trees in the same .mds file. Sourcer won't allow that. It's probably set to deal only with one mesh and tree at a time, or better said, only with one node name (name of a bone resulted from rigging process) at a time.

Please, if somebody knows more about animation, correct my definition...

2. Although we know it's not possible with two meshes in the same file that does not mean it isn't possible to deal only with BABE.mds...

My line of thinking: If I copy all HUMANS.mds, replace this time the register block with that from BABE.mds... that would leave me with a new BABE.mds file, one with all animations defined exactly as for men and, considering node names are named the same in both cases... THAT SHOULD WORK! And I bet it should...

Ok, so I extracted all .asc files from HUMANS .mds, then I extracted all .asc files from BABE.mds (using the program Sourcer, Tools, Decompile, Dynamic).

Why extracting these .asc files? Because they are the animation sequences used in the game. A .mds file references an .asc file for every movement the textured mesh (game character) performs in the game.

After I put everything in the same folder (...work\data\anims), I tried to compile BABE.mds with Sourcer. All went well until Sourcer asked for this particular file:

Bab_Body_V0_C0.TGA

In case my eyes see well, this particular texture is missing from Module Kit!
    The Kit contains in: 3DS Max Stuff\Data\Human the 2 meshes: Hum_Body_Naked0 and Bab_Body_Naked0.
    Try open any of these with Autodesk 3ds Max and a po-up window would prompt you with a "Missing external files" list among which...

Your guess was right: Bab_Body_V0_C0.TGA

I don't know but I suppose this texture is used in the original mesh. About where should I obtain such a .TGA -- that's why I'm asking here in hope some kind soul will provide some information.

I can't but guess that as soon as I have the forementioned .TGA, Sourcer should compile fair-and-square my new BABE.mds and I will use the woman body in the game with all animations, unlimited this time.

Hope this helps other searchers of truth out there. Maybe we'll make a mini-tutorial out of this someday...

Good luck everyone!
    Geändert von eternalxardas (27.04.2009 um 07:54 Uhr) Grund: New information obtained

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    @eternalxardas:
    Question about animation in Gothic 1.

Is it possible to reuse men animations to women? I mean to make a woman pick up objects and fight etc. (using original female body, not male retextured)

I was thinking that if I register babe meshes into Humans.mds
    I could do the trick. But I find no way to compile .mds files...

Is it possible?
    Thanks.
    Greetings,

You are already familiar with the topic which is discussed in this Mod for GOTHIC1.
    And to see that much of what you want to do has already been implemented.

Now about your issues, a definite answer - the way you want to do this, implement the models to the game GOTHIC1 - DO NOT (!).

Description:
    In our Mod, did not change, women in male-based, as you'd like to implement some of the functionality of the model.
    We have to make their bones on the base of the female, which was to reconfigure the entire battle system animations made from scratch by hand, plus a few things.
    Also, it was borrowing some of the male animations, but this method can not describe. Because this is a very difficult task to implement. In particular, you need 2 times to compile/decompile the model and animation to it, and to periodically to reconfigure it all.
    Simply put, it is very difficult, we all realized that the Mod for women's entertainment gone - 2 years.

Because of what you want to do, I can advise:
    You can directly set in the script babe.mds phase of humans.mds.
    But the result you are not very satisfied, work will be a model and animation curve, since such transfers require changes throughout the model, women, and its skeleton.
    And most importantly: The model of women in the game GOTHIC1 - no slots for weapons (!).

To obtain a useful working version, you need to make any changes to the model or the model from scratch with ready configured and skeleton, and physics.

Ps. And one more very important:
    1. Do not use while compiling generated models and animations you - GothicSourcer (!).
    2. Compile the model and animation to it, but the game engine GOTHIC (!).

MaGoth, WoG.ru-Community.
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FÜR ALLE ZEITEN!=-
    Geändert von MaGoth (27.04.2009 um 17:10 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

Zitat Zitat von MaGoth Beitrag anzeigen
    @eternalxardas:

Greetings,

You are already familiar with the topic which is discussed in this Mod for GOTHIC1.
    And to see that much of what you want to do has already been implemented.

Now about your issues, a definite answer - the way you want to do this, implement the models to the game GOTHIC1 - DO NOT (!).

Description:
    In our Mod, did not change, women in male-based, as you'd like to implement some of the functionality of the model.
    We have to make their bones on the base of the female, which was to reconfigure the entire battle system animations made from scratch by hand, plus a few things.
    Also, it was borrowing some of the male animations, but this method can not describe. Because this is a very difficult task to implement. In particular, you need 2 times to compile/decompile the model and animation to it, and to periodically to reconfigure it all.
    Simply put, it is very difficult, we all realized that the Mod for women's entertainment gone - 2 years.

Because of what you want to do, I can advise:
    You can directly set in the script babe.mds phase of humans.mds.
    But the result you are not very satisfied, work will be a model and animation curve, since such transfers require changes throughout the model, women, and its skeleton.
    And most importantly: The model of women in the game GOTHIC1 - no slots for weapons (!).

To obtain a useful working version, you need to make any changes to the model or the model from scratch with ready configured and skeleton, and physics.

Ps. And one more very important:
    1. Do not use while compiling generated models and animations you - GothicSourcer (!).
    2. Compile the model and animation to it, but the game engine GOTHIC (!).

MaGoth, WoG.ru-Community.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Women meshes are rigged already. Their bones (Bip01...) are the same as men's. The .asc animation files call for these bone movements so, if all compiled right... I think it should work... at least some animations (yes, figured out, no weapon slots for women indeed... but it could be possible to replace man body with female one in Autodesk 3ds and save as female... ?).

What about that above mentioned missing texture?

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    @eternalxardas:
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Women meshes are rigged already. Their bones (Bip01...) are the same as men's. The .asc animation files call for these bone movements so, if all compiled right... I think it should work... at least some animations (yes, figured out, no weapon slots for women indeed... but it could be possible to replace man body with female one in Autodesk 3ds and save as female... ?).
    The fact that we have done in the Mod, works.

Will not work, different models (!) And that work needed input models and animations from Piranha-Bites, and where to get?
    Take nowhere, had to do everything in its new and on the basis of new materials have to modify and customize the right thing.

What about that above mentioned missing texture?
    You may not remove *. DMP files or update the game where you are testing the animation.

MfG MaGoth, WoG.ru-Community.
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FÜR ALLE ZEITEN!=-

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Adventurer Avatar von Necromantic

Necromantic ist offline
    I've been thinking: the Gothic 2 engine is pretty much the smae with the G1 engine. The women there can use weapons and all that. Why not use data from G2?
    Unless of course G1 can't read them.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Zitat Zitat von MaGoth Beitrag anzeigen
    @eternalxardas:

The fact that we have done in the Mod, works.

Will not work, different models (!) And that work needed input models and animations from Piranha-Bites, and where to get?
    Take nowhere, had to do everything in its new and on the basis of new materials have to modify and customize the right thing.
    Do you mean there are no available .3ds models to work with?

You may not remove *. DMP files or update the game where you are testing the animation.

.dmp files??? Those are something that initialize a mod, if my search was correct. What does that have to do with that texture???

Is there no way to obtain that .TGA?

Zitat Zitat von Necromantic Beitrag anzeigen
    I've been thinking: the Gothic 2 engine is pretty much the smae with the G1 engine. The women there can use weapons and all that. Why not use data from G2?
    Unless of course G1 can't read them.
    I was thinking about that. Any idea about how to proceed would be most welcome.

But I suppose it involves messing with .mds-s and .mdh-s and .asc-s and God knows what again... IF a 3ds. model is available and workable with, of course...

Still, this question remains: What would be the simplest way to be able to play as a woman (no jokes, pls, seriously)... ?

There would be these options:

1. Use already existing animations, either from Gothic 1 or from Gothic 2, at least "some" animations...
    2. Create everything from scratch (which again I still don't think it's necessary, unless new moves must be inserted in the game)
    3. Modifying ("womanizing") the male body in 3ds. somehow and retexture as Babe...
    4. Use the Babe Armors already defined in Scripts (Armor.d the file -- just at the end) and make the visible somehow...

Which one of these "thesises" would be the easiest to make productive?

Anybody has another viable alternative? Let's solve this riddle once and for all.

Thanks for any sugestion.
    Geändert von Tratos (28.04.2009 um 09:55 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    @eternalxardas

Please, do not double post -> use the Edit button to further add text.